Benefits of ISO 45001: Occupational Health and Safety
According to the ISO, in 2018 every 15 seconds, a worker dies from a work-related incident or disease, and approximately 153 people experience a work-related injury. According to the International Labour Organisation, around 2.78 million deaths occur every year due to work-related causes, and the numbers continue to rise.
This needs to change as employees are the life and blood of any business; therefore, it is imperative for businesses to treat the occupational health and safety of its employee as a top priority. The occupational health and safety of employees can range, ensuring workers are protected against toxic chemicals to ensuring employees are not sleep-deprived, which could result in things such as car accidents. By becoming ISO 45001 compliant, businesses can ensure that many preventable incidents don’t happen.
To become ISO 45001 compliant, businesses should invest in Occupational Health and Wellness management solutions like XGRC’s OCCX solution. This management system ensures that your business is adhering to all the requirements of ISO 45001 and therefore helps you become certified as well as protect your workers.
The benefits of implementing OCCX include:
- Saves time due to reduced data entry which provides more efficiency
- Solution already configured to work within standard employee health workflows for ease and speed of implementation
- Employee pre-employment screening management for more efficient hiring
- Detailed Medical Intervention management to improve employee health and disease management
- Powerful Medical Surveillance management to increase compliance and reduce risk
- Comprehensive Illness and Occupational Exposure management
- If SHEQX or MSX are already purchased, you can link injury-related events to the employee medical profile to simplify OSHA compliance and manage Return to Work.
The benefits of being ISO 45001 compliant include:
- Improved ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
- Reduction of overall costs of incidents
- Reduction in downtime and cost of work disruptions
- Reductions in insurance premiums
- Reduction in absent employees
- Reduction in employee turnover rate
Our OCCX (Occupational Health and Wellness) management solution, part of the XGRC Software range, integrates recruitment and hiring, employee/occupational health, medical interventions, medical surveillance, workplace injury management and employee wellness programs into one comprehensive solution.