Understanding Quality management system standards
The ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems standards are the most popular and most commonly used standard in the world. It helps businesses demonstrate to consumers that their products or services are consistently high-quality. It also helps to streamline business processes to make them more efficient.
ISO 9001:2015 allows businesses to adapt to the changes in the industry as well as helps to increase and maintain customer satisfaction. This standard is designed to guide companies on their journey to growth and success.
For businesses to become ISO 9001:2015 certified, they have to meet specific requirements, which go as follows:
- Needs to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer applicable regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Aim to enhance customer satisfaction through the practical application of the system. This includes processes for improving the system as well as the assurance of conformity to customer applicable regulation and statute requirements.
These are blanket requirements, meaning that they apply to all companies, with no alterations on industries, companies, or size of business.
Our SHEQX (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) management solution aggregates SHEQ data in a single, auditable database and manages analysis and reporting effectively, ensuring effective compliance and a more robust approach to corporate sustainability.
There are an additional eight principles of quality management that form fundamental characteristics of quality management. However, they are not auditable. These principles include:
- Customer focus and satisfaction
- Involvement of people
- Approach to progress
- A systematic approach to management
- Continuous improvement
- Fact-based approach to decision-making
- Mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers
If an organisation is awarded the ISO 9001:2015 certification, there are substantial benefits that the company will be able to reap such as:
- Better internal management
- Increased productivity, efficiency, and profit
- Less wastage
- Improvement in customer acquisition and retention
- Certification is globally recognised and is compatible with other ISO standards as well as Global Conformance Marks
However, it is not only the companies that benefit from this certification. The ISO 9001:2015 standard ensures that the quality of the goods and services they receive are of a high standard and therefore ensures that customers will remain satisfied with the business. Other benefits of the certification that affect the consumer include:
- Minimisation of mistakes
- Improved communication and reporting
- Improved and consistent quality of products and services
- Increased reliability of production schedule and delivery
- Maintenance of standards through annual assessments
All of these benefits contribute to customer satisfaction, which therefore increases customer loyalty.
Looking for an effective safety, health, environment, and quality (SHEQ) management solution that will assist your business to drive compliance with international standards?
Our SHEQX (Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality) management solution, part of the XGRC product range, is an integrated management system that aggregates SHEQ data in a single, auditable database. It manages the analysis and reporting effectively, ensuring adequate compliance, and a robust approach to corporate sustainability.
SHEQX suite of modules assists in driving compliance with international standards and guidelines, e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and more.