Environmentally friendly products and businesses do not just help the world, but also help businesses gain loyal customers. Recently, a study found that 50% of Generation Z would rather pay more for a sustainable product than a non-sustainable product. However, being sustainable is more complex than inserting the words ‘environmentally friendly’, ‘fair trade’ and ‘sustainability’ into your brand positioning statement.
The assessment of sustainable business practices is not only a legal requirement, but it creates transparency and traceability between your company and consumers. Whom assesses this is as well as what standards are used are paramount for validity and reliability.
This is where ENVIRX (Integrated Environmental Sustainability System) is used, employing the ISO 14001:2015 dynamic framework to measure, trend and report on their impact area – such as carbon emissions, energy, biodiversity, water and more.
There are ample benefits of ENVIRX, namely;
1. Decreased audit costs
2. Improve ability to comply with environmental legislation and regulations
3. Ability to monitor performance
ENVIRX enables organisations to manage their risk based material environmental impacts in an integrated manner, enabling GRI G4 en standard management and reporting requirements according to the processes defined in the ISO 14001: 2015 standard. ENVIRX uses the same dynamic framework to measure, trend and report on their impact area, i.e. materials, water, energy, biodiversity, effluents and emissions amongst others.
4. Ability to monitor waste, water and carbon footprint, as well as the performance of this improvement and efficiency initiatives
5. Visible organisation performance in meeting conditions of compliance areas
6. Management of environmental opportunities and risks
7. Decreased sustainability and integrated reporting cycle cost and time
8. Leadership able to oversee the effectiveness of the ENV strategy and the adherence to top management environmental risk appetite
There are 30 different ENVIRX modules, each monitoring and measuring different elements of the environment.
Lead your business into the blooming world of sustainability with XGRC.
See https://xgrcsoftware.com/envirx/ for more information and a full breakdown of all our offerings.