Complying with the latest quality standards requirements in the marketplace is a difficult task, requiring substantial resources, effort and time. Managing an organisation’s quality management and compliance becomes easier with the right management system.
SHEQX’s solution transforms your company’s data into rich visuals for you to collect and organise, so you can focus on what matters to you. Stay in the know, spot trends as they happen and push your business further.
The following steps can assist your business in its goal to achieve compliance with quality standards.
- Define Requirements. Define specific outputs, targets and objectives for each business process with the focus on quality to drive high customer satisfaction.
- Simplify. Keep business processes and quality management processes as simple as possible. Consolidate and minimise business requirements and approvals without compromising on quality.
- Document the Process. Document the business process and have stakeholders review and approve each step to meet quality expectations. A quality management system should hold all this process data – step by step.
- Ensure stakeholder agreement. All stakeholders need to agree on the quality management process, with clear steps put in place and detailed instructions that meet the requirements for success.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Document the main drivers of the quality process and determine how they affect change. Critically examine the required inputs and the expected results.
- Measure Results. Measure the KPIs consistently for each business process and ensure any corrections and changes can be effected to optimise the process continuously.
- Assign Accountability. Perform consistent review of the KPI’s and hold the respective stakeholders accountable for the process.
- Automate the process. As complexity can lead to errors, firstly simplify the quality management process before proceeding with automation.
- Evaluate Improvement Opportunities. Develop a process to routinely evaluate quality standards and identify opportunities for improvement and innovation. Continuous improvement results in optimisation of the organisation.
- Beware the pitfalls. Embrace lessons learned from the organisations’ team members or other companies to minimise catastrophic failures in the quality management process.
Looking for an effective safety, health, environment, and quality (SHEQ) management solution that will assist your business to drive compliance with international standards?
Our SHEQX (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) management solution, part of the XGRC product range, is an integrated management system that aggregates SHEQ data in a single, auditable database. It manages analysis and reporting effectively, ensuring effective compliance and a robust approach to corporate sustainability.
SHEQX suite of modules assists in driving compliance with international standards and guidelines, e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and more.